Skip to content

Oh yeah!

May 4, 2012

Flight was as cramped and lousy as a 12 hour flight can be but….ta dah! I have arrived and may be falling I love already. I know I am so fickle.

Greeted at the airport by David who walked me the through the visa process. He handed me off to Hassam who drove me to the hotel and also found me an ATM along the way.

The room is lovely and breakfast was the finest fresh veg and hummus and tzatiki. And these cool stewed beans.

Back to bed soon. Exploring later. Will send some pix. It’s lovely here. The temperature is perfection and I am feeling rather silly about those pesky nerves!

8 Comments leave one →
  1. May 4, 2012 2:12 pm

The world is a wondrous place and it sounds like you have discovered another part of it. But what’s this David and Hassam eh?

2. Bruce permalink
    May 4, 2012 4:44 pm

You are falling in love alright .. with the World! Who knows if you will ever be able to stop traveling. LOL. See you soon. Kisses.

3. Kathleen permalink
    May 5, 2012 12:26 pm

Wow – sounds so lovely and such a relief for your pesky nerves! Just got caught up on your Tokyo post too – awesome and rock on Mel (and Jovi)! So fun…and another whole trip just beginning…!

• May 7, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks so much! Jordan is turning out well. I am looking forward to sharing some good pix and stories! Xo

4. James permalink
    May 6, 2012 7:36 pm

Now that sounds more like the Mel we all know and love. Good on ya, lass — enjoy!
    Oh, and waiting for pics of the head scarf… :-)

5. May 7, 2012 8:44 am

just think.. you’ve had several trips of a lifetime since January and still much, much more to come!

Glad to see all is well and fabulous!

6. Lynne Morrison permalink
    May 9, 2012 11:08 am

All the places you have visited, the memories you will have, the friends you have made, good on ya for making this decision to follow you heart. I am sure we are all living this adventure through you. Be safe!